Project Status - Farnborough, England - 23rd March 1997
The ThrustSSC Team are completing preparations for a return to Jordan to continue high-speed testing of ThrustSSC.
The very latest status of ThrustSSC can be seen through the Microplex Web Camera in the workshop
in P8R Shed, DRA, Farnborough:
- The Web Camera photo is updated hourly
- ThrustSSC will not be in the picture during tests or visits to exhibitions
- If the image is black or very streaky with strange colouring - it's night-time and the workshop lights are off! The software is doing its
best to clean-up the image to make something visible.
Please click here for more information on the Microplex Web Camera.
- Design modifications to the rear suspension and steering to cure the high-speed shimmy are complete.
- Work to bring ThrustSSC up to supersonic standard is complete.
- Painting of the car in BASF Supersonic Black is complete.
The Jafr Desert, Jordan, has dried well and will be usable again shortly.
Plans for the coming week
- Sunday - Return car from the NEC.
- Monday - Unload ThrustSSC. Remove body panels.
- Tuesday onwards - Continue work on rear-suspension.
Continue improvements to car trailer.
Connect-up and test new 10Base-T computer network in Pit Station Trailer.
You can follow the progress of work on the car in the Web Camera photograph above.
Please check our Runs Database for the very latest information
on the progress of ThrustSSC - the database is always updated as soon as possible after the car runs - and always before any
report is written and published.
About this site
||This site best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 3
© SSC Programme Ltd, 1997